Let us have more choices in choosing languages in schools.

I like this article which says:

Malaysian students should be allowed to learn more languages in schools.

but at the same time I wonder the Ministry of Education sense the change is coming and is preparing for the change or they want a generation of obsolete ?

Yes, why must be all learn English ? I have no money to travel to England or other English speaking countries. But English is not able to use in Thailand, Indonesia etc.

Why we do not have the choice to pick the language that we want ? I would like to learn Tamil if I am not forced to learn English.

I always fancy Ramayana and wish to read more in the original form of the text. Perhaps, I should learn Sanskrit. But, do the school system allow me to do so ?

Now, Malaysians, we have to know what Dr Nicholas Ostler said in his latest book, English will be gone as the French.

Don't be silly, thinking Chinese language to replace English, be realistic, if learning English is
hard, learning Chinese is even harder, which will you choose ?

Ya, Esperanto, perhaps.

China is such a strong support of Esperanto. I don't think she wants to convert you like English. For the language lovers, welcome, but not forcing us.

Comments